We care about your opinion and satisfaction. Your feedback allows us to ensure that we excel at what we do and helps us to improve the quality of our services.
How can you file a complaint?
- Call Support line 1880 or +371 67 17 1880*
- Log in to your internet banking account and send us a message
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in a feedback form online or at our branch
- Send us a letter
What data or documents might be required?
In order to inform you about the results following the consideration of your submission, we kindly ask that you indicate:
- Your full name, or the name of the entity you represent
- ID number or date of birth, or the company code
- Contact information
- Your preferred method of contact to receive a reply (please be aware that only general information can be sent by email)
When will you receive a reply?
We will carefully examine your comments and provide a reply as soon as possible - no later than within 15 labour days. Where, for important reasons, the analysis of the situation requires more time, we will notify you of this personally.
The bank’s answer will be provided in the same manner as the initial application was received (for example, a written answer will be provided to a written application) or in the format that the bank will have agreed upon with you.
How else can you resolve the problem?
Should the bank’s answer be unsatisfactory, you have the right to appeal to the following institutions:
- Ombudsman of the Association of Latvian Commercial Banks – regarding issues falling within the scope of competence of the Ombudsman
- Consumer Rights Protection Centre – regarding violation of consumer rights
- Financial and Capital Market Commission – regarding infringements of the Law on Payment Services and Electronic Money as to clients, who are not consumers, if this infringement has or may seriously jeopardise the interests of a group (collective interests) of users of these services
- A court of the Republic of Latvia – regarding disputes between the bank and a consumer relating to the provision of services
- A court of the Republic of Latvia or the Court of Arbitration of the Association of Latvian Commercial Banks (as the claimant prefers) – regarding disputes between the bank and a client, who is not a consumer, relating to provision of services
According to legislative acts regulating the operations of credit institutions banking supervision is performed by the Financial and Capital Market Commission.
Information about Ombudsman
When a customer fails to receive what he/she considers to be an unacceptable or negative reply from any Luminor employee then the customer has a right to make a complaint to the Ombudsman Institution of the Latvian Association of Commercial Banks.The Ombudsman institution is an independent institution and not related to the Bank. The decisions of the Ombudsman Institution is of permissive nature.
The Ombudsman institution considers the following types of claims:
- The claim is lodged by a customer who is not a credit institution or a financial institution;
- The subject of claim is either the crediting of cashless funds to an account or a transaction by electronic means of payment;
- The claim concerns the activities of a credit institution registered in Latvia;
- The amount of the contested transaction or the total amount of obviously related transactions does not exceed EUR 50,000;
- The claim is not related to issues concerning counterfeit documents;
- Claim is not related to issues concerning the validity of lists of conditions effective at the credit institutions, the granting, cancellation or modification of credit limits, provisions of credit limits and other similar issues;
- The customer has approached the credit institution with the same claim, and has not received a satisfactory reply after one month;
- There are no claims lodged with regard to the above subject with the courts or the arbitrage court;
- The customer has not approached the Consumer Rights Protection Centre with the same claim;
- The same customer has not lodged the claim concerning the same subject with the Ombudsman Institution previously.
The claim has to be made in writing as stipulated in "The Procedure of consideration of credit institutions' customers claims at the Ombudsman Institution of the Latvian Association of Commercial Banks (bylaws)" and lodged with the ombudsman institution. The address is 9/11 Perses Street, Riga, LV-1011.
"The Regulations of the Ombudsman Institution of the Latvian Association of Commercial Banks" and "The Procedure of consideration of credit institutions customers claims at the Ombudsman Institution of the Latvian Association of Commercial Banks (bylaws)" can be found on the website of the Latvian Association of Commercial Banks.
* When contacting the bank by landline or mobile phone charges set by your telephone service provider apply. For further information about the applicable charges, please contact your telephone service provider.