Who can apply for an EIB supported financing?
- Companies operating in Baltics;
- Companies with less than 3000 employees (including employees working in related group companies) before issuing the financing;
- Most economic sectors and activities are eligible with a few exceptions, amongst which production of weapons and ammunition, explosives, equipment or infrastructures specifically designed for military use, and equipment or infrastructure which result in limiting people’s individual rights and freedom, activities which give rise to environmental impacts that are not largely mitigated and/or compensated, activities considered ethically or morally controversial (sex trade and related infrastructure, services and media, animal testing, research on human cloning), activities prohibited by national legislation (Genetically Modified Organisms, nuclear energy, etc.) gambling, tobacco related industries, pure property speculation, pure financial transactions and consumer finance.
What can an EIB supported financing be used for?
- Tangible investments: purchase, renovation or extension of tangible assets, with some restrictions concerning land purchases;
- Intangible investments: particularly the expenditure involved in R&D, purchase of process licenses and software, generation change enterprise transmission, in order to safeguard economic activity (cost of not more than € 5 million).
Applying for financing supported by the EIB you accept that:
- your business comply in all respects with EU and national laws and regulations concerning the protection of the environment, energy saving, health, social well-being and safety;
- upon reasonable notice, you should permit the EIB representatives to visit and inspect all sites, installations and works that comprise the project which is the subject of the financing;
- we may provide any information about your business to the EIB.