To prevent your Internet Banking's and payment data from reaching the hands of ill-willers:
1. Do not trust Internet links that you receive via e-mail. Always enter the Internet's address manually - https://ib.dnb.lv or go to the Internet through Luminor website https://www.luminor.lv/en/
2. If someone asks you to disclose your password via e-mail or by phone, do not do it!
3. Upon entering the Internet Banking, always make sure that you are on the correct page:
Using the Internet Explorer browser you will find the addresses on the right side of the window
Using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser, it will find the address on the left of the window
In case of Mozilla Firefox: Tools - Options - Advanced - Network - Cached Web Content - Clear now
In case of Google Chrome: Settings – History – Clear browsing data
Code calculator DP 270
The code calculator is a special security tool that allows the users to identify themselves in the Internet Banking and approve the activities carried out therein. The code is an eight-digit combination that is generated by the calculator. Each code is unique, valid for a limited period and can not be used a second time.
Time limits for Internet Banking use
Protective software (firewall)
It is important that your computer has a firewall to ensure the security of your data and your computer in the Internet. A firewall is a program that through data filtering regulates the flow of information between your computer and the Internet and prevents unauthorized access to your computer.
The objective of anti-virus software is to verify that the information is not infected with viruses, identify, quarantine and destroy the viruses detected. To ensure the maximum effectiveness, the antivirus software should be updated regularly.
Sometimes the anti-virus and firewall software cannot protect your computer from outside attempts to obtain information. Therefore check whether espionage or keyboard-tracking devices are not connected to your computer, with the sole purpose of obtaining the information. Use espionage equipment identifiers in order to detect espionage and keyboard-tracking devices attached to your computer.
Often e-mail messages that are sent in as if from the bank are only used for the sole purpose of getting information on the bank's customers (user identification, passwords, code card) for using this information later for abuse. The following two e-mail types are commonly used:
Digipass 270 users: The password is not required, it is possible to renew the PIN code in any branch.
The access to the Internet Banking will be locked after 5 unsuccessful attempts. If you want to unlock the access or change the password to the "initial", please call us 1880 (+371 6717 1880) – we are available 24/7.
In order to use Luminor|DNB Internet Bank, you must have one of the means of identification: Digipass 270 calculator. Below you can find the basic information about each of Luminor Internet security elements.
Digipass 270 code calculator
Description: Security tool that after entering the PIN code and pressing the button generates an 8-digit code.
Code: A random 8-digit combination that does not repeat.
Change of the Internet bank's password: No password! There is a PIN code, which can be changed by the user.
Security: A unique code used once + PIN code protection.
Login in the Internet bank: PIN + login name (number) + code from the calculator.
Confirmation of payments: The Internet bank generates the code that should be entered into the calculator, then the calculator issues a response code to be entered in the Internet bank.
Summary: Very high security, higher costs, more complex use, suitable for large payments.
How you act when you have lost your security element, please, find in the section "I lost my ID tool" !
The price of every identification tool, please find on Luminor website https://www.luminor.lv/en/ in the section "Price list"!
* - Taking care of the safety of your funds, the bank has set different payment limits, depending on the means of identification. If you have not defined any limits, the bank has set a limit for you by default.
I forgot / lost my Login Name:
If you cannot enter the Internet bank, check the following:
If 5 times the password or code is entered incorrectly, the access to Internet Banking will be blocked.
To unblock it, you need to call us 1880 (+371 6717 1880) 24/7. The bank's consultant shall unblock the access and help you connect to the Internet Banking. If, however, this does not work, you need to change the login password.
If your contact information (telephone number, e-mail, address) specified to the Bank has changed you can replace it in the way as follows:
If you have full access to the Internet-bank you can replace the contact information in the Customer’s questionnaire:
1. Enter the Customer’s questionnaire: Settings → Internet-bank settings → on the left in the menu “Customer’s questionnaire”:
2. Update the contact information.
3. When finished press “Save” at the bottom of page.
If you have access to another Internet-bank mode (payment, preparation, information), you can replace the contact information by sending a message to the Bank (please see How to prepare an Internet-bank application?).
Send your account number, along with your personal identification code and your banking details to a friend or business partner with a single button click.
1. In the section "My Accounts" select the account, the details of which you want to send, and click anywhere on the account line
2. In the open account details click on the button "Send details", on the right side of the page.
3. Select the accounts you want to send to the partner
4. Enter the recipient's e-mail. If you wish to send the account to multiple recipients, their e-mails should be separated by a comma.
5. Press the "Send" button
To define the account statement period:
1. Choose the account, the transaction history of which you want to review
2. Select one of the defined periods most commonly used, for example. "Today“
3. Press the button "Select“
4. To indicate another desired period, click on the calendar icon in the field "Date from“
5. Click on the date, from which you want to see the transactions in the statemen
Likewise, you can specify any date by typing it in the field, in compliance with the date format.
6. Click on the calendar icon in the field "Date up to“
7. Click on the date, by which you want to see transactions in the statement, or enter them in digits, in accordance with the date format
8. Press the arrow "<" or ">" in the top bar of the calendar to move through the calendar months
9. Press the button "Select“
10. If you want to search transactions by keyword, the amount or type of transaction, click on "+ Expanded search." You can find more by reading the instructions in the section "Search transactions by other parameters“.
It is possible in the Internet Banking to create an application to the bank using the application templates, or writing a free form message:
1. Open the section "Messages".
2. On top of the page click on the "New Application".
3. Select whether to create a free form application, or use the application template.
4. If you choose to create the application from a template, the necessary information will be displayed.
5. Supplement the application with the necessary data. If one application has a number of possible options, select the required one and delete the rest. If the application contains a statement that you have read and accepted our rules and are bound to comply with them, etc.,do not delete it!
6. After the entry of the data or description press the "Continue" button.
7. Review the written application and for its transmission enter the required code from the code card or calculator.
8. If to confirm the application one more signature is required (for corporate entities), it will be granted the status of "Partially signed". For the message to be sent to the bank, it should be signed by all authorized signatories.
9. You can follow the application execution status or the bank's response in the menu "Messages".
If you are a manager, administrator or accountant for different companies, you can get access to all corporate accounts and easily switch between them:
Similarly, you can use this option if you want to receive the information or handle any other private person's account, for example, the spouse, child or parent.
Luminor bank AS offers four authority modes:
Full mode - this mode gives the user full rights to act on behalf of the company (or another person), for example, make payments, receive information about the account balances, export account statements, review the information on various contracts and give instructions to the bank to enter into new agreements on deposits, direct debit, cards, etc.
Payment mode - this mode is used mainly by accountants who need the Internet Bank only to make payments on behalf of the company or for imports from the accounting system, for viewing the account balance and transaction history monitoring. A user with this mode in the Internet bank cannot enter into any agreements or give other instructions to the bank (other than the payment orders), and cannot review the history, the status and details of such agreements.
Preparation mode - this mode allows the user to get the same information as the Payment mode and also allows you to prepare payments for confirmation, but does not give the right to confirm the orders - only to prepare them. A user with this mode may also review agreements of other types and the list of applications (deposits, cards, etc.), but cannot create new ones.
Information mode - this mode is generally employed by users who only need to keep track of account turnover and the statuses of agreements and applications, but have no right to confirm the orders.
Full and Payment modes provide the users' confirmation right. Luminor may offer to establish the signature system, which is dependent on the size of the payment. The sole or combined rights may be provided. Transactions can be confirmed by determining the amount limits or all users may be endowed equal rights for any amount. Likewise, the right may be granted or revoked to confirm other instructions to the bank, such as free-form applications or various product agreements (deposit, card, etc.).
To get such authorization, the company's authorized person (the company's representative or the person who will give access to his/her accounts) with the personal identity document and the power of attorney, if such is required, need to go to Luminor branch to prepare the Annex to the Internet bank agreement concerning the mandate and powers of signature.
If you as the authorization recipient already have Luminor|DNB Internet Bank and means of identification, you do not need to come to the branch. When the company's representative signs the documents, you will have to express the consent to receive the authorization electronically. If you as the authorization recipient do not have Luminor|DNB Internet bank yet, you need to go to the branch to finalize your Internet bank user.
You can learn more about these opportunities by calling 1880 (+371 6717 1880) 24/7.
In order to prevent other persons unauthorized access to your data using Easy login in Mobile Banking:
1. PIN code is locked after five unsuccessful attempts, and can be unlocked after complete authentication.
2. Do not use easily guessed PIN code! It is not allowed to enter four consecutive or equal numbers (for example, 1234 and 1111).
3. Keep your mobile device and the PIN code secure, do not write down the PIN code in an easily accessible place or in a mobile device.
4. We recommend you to set up the automatic locking of the mobile device screen and keys and protect the unlocking of the device with PIN code.
5. If your mobile device is lost or stolen, immediately block the Quick Access in online banking section Settings> Mobile Banking Settings> Quick Access or by calling to 1880 (+371 6717 1880).
6. If you suspect that another person has learned your PIN code, immediately change it in the mobile banking or online banking settings.
7. In case of sale or donation of the mobile device, inactivate the use of the device in the Quick Access section Settings> Mobile Banking settings> Quick Access.
8. Don’t forget to close the application after use! Always remember to close the mobile banking if you have used it in another person's mobile device.
To automatically import the payments prepared in your accounting system, go to the "Payments" - "New Payment" - "Import of payments".
It is possible to import payments in Luminor|DNB Internet bank in:
For the Latvian diacritical marks would be correctly recorded in the imported payments, the payments should be prepared in your accounting program with the encoding Windows 1257.
Erroneous payments are not imported, and an error message is displayed. Make the payment correction in your accounting system and re-upload the remaining payments. If you need to import multiple files, perform the import of payments again.
Taking care of the customers funds security, we have set different payment limits, depending on the means of identification that you are using.
If you have not defined any limits, the bank has set a limit for you by default. You can specify the limits in any branch, but it cannot exceed the maximum set by the bank.
Code calculator Digipass DP270 – default limit / the bank's upper limit
Transaction limit – 75 000 EUR / 1 500 000 EUR
Daily limit – 75 000 EUR / 1 500 000 EUR
Code calculator Digipass DP270 – default limit / the bank's upper limit
Transaction limit – 75 000 EUR / 5 000 000 EUR
Daily limit – 75 000 EUR / 5 000 000 EUR
Daily limit balance indicates the max amount that you can send payments for within one day. This calculation does not include prepared but pending payments, as well as orders to be sent to the bank via the Application in the section "Messages".
Your defined payment limits in internet bank and remaining amount of daily limit you can view in the section: Settings -> Internet bank settings -> Accounts and client settings-> Payment limits